tom hardy

« Older   Newer »

1. gøsling

User deleted

ENG
    «You don’t step on stage to eat, you go there to be eaten».

«Whatever character you play, remember they are always doing something. They are not just talking. They are alive; going through a drama in which they will go through some sort of dramatic human experience. Keywords: Alive and Experience. It is your job to make them become so. Anthing you do on stage or film has a direct relation to something you have experienced in one form or another in real life. Use your imagination to exaggerate or lessen that sensation. Then, disguise it in characterization and don’t forget to make lots and lots of mistakes, and look like a complete asshole. You’ll do fine».

[Riguardo la sua curiosità] «And I like people. I like to know what you’re really up to. I’m a bit of a nosey busy body. Why do they do the things they do? Why are they prepared to do the things they do to get what they want? When? Where? Who?».

[Riguardo la sua carriera] «I mean there I was. One moment in Wandsworth Police Station on the way to Wormwood Scrubs, looking at 14 years, to this!».

[Ai suoi fan] «Thanks for all the wonderful paintings and drawings and writings. I am very honoured to have your support, and love you for the energy and the inspiring work and comments that you bring to the table».

[Quando un giornalista del Daily Mail gli chiede se ha mai avuto relazioni con un altro uomo] «Of course I have. I’m an actor, for fuck’s sake. I’ve played with everything and everyone. I love the form and the physicality, but now that I’m in my thirties, it doesn’t do it for me. I’m done experimenting but there’s plenty of stuff in a relationship with another man, especially gay men, that I need in my life».

«I'm from East Sheen, I went to public school where I learned Latin at the age of nine, and certain expectations were made of me to go to St Paul's, Oxbridge maybe, and all that kind of thing. And I failed systematically to meet the mark - who I am and what I should have been are two very different things».

[Sul fatto di lavorare con Gary Oldman] «Gary Oldman is my hero, that's it. When I went to drama school everybody used to quote him in all his films, you know "State of Grace" right through to "Léon: The Professional" or whatever. And I'd sit there really quietly and think 'No, no, you don't know. I'm more of a Gary Oldman fan than you are.' When you do an impression of him, that's sacrilege! So to work with him, for him to look me in the eye, talk to me.... acknowledge I exist! Cos I'm not star struck by people, but Gary just took the wind right out of me. I'm very lucky we had to re-shoot those scenes on the couch [in "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy"] because the first task that I did was just me watching him, because I was shocked to actually be working with him. Then for him to actually like me, and to work three times with him, cos we did "Lawless" afterwards. I remember saying "Would you look at the script, it's really cool", and he's like "Yeah, sure. This is crazy, you know? This is a man that I've stolen everything that I've done from, like "Bronson" and "Stuart: A Life Backwards". That's me trying to emulate what Gary's done, and to work with him makes me feel like I don't have any characters of my own».

Giornalista: «Describe your ideal girl».
    Tom: «Charlotte Riley». [La sua fidanzata.]

2. :swansong

User deleted

Stanotte l'ho sognato. Era bellissimo ♥

1 replies since 7/10/2012, 18:54   36 views