anne hathaway

« Older   Newer »

1. gypsÿ

User deleted

ITA
    «Quando esci per comprarti dei jeans, sii carina con te stessa. Se ne provi un paio che ti stanno male, non prenderlo come un fallimento personale. Levateli, rimettili in mano alla commessa ed esci dal negozio a testa alta, continuando a cercare. I jeans giusti sono come il ragazzo giusto: prima o poi, arrivano!».

«Positano è uno dei miei posti preferiti nel mondo. Mi rendo conto che può far sorridere, ma mi ricorda il sud della California, ma più affascinante e senza file di negozi».

«Penso di essere molto strana, ho pezzi troppo grossi in una faccia troppo piccola. Non voglio buttarmi troppo giù, è la mia faccia. Non sono molto carina, ma va bene perché somiglio a me stessa e alla fine l'autenticità è più importante».

«Credo di esser sempre stata una grande sostenitrice dell'uguaglianza. Nessuno è mai stato in grado di dirmi che non potevo fare qualcosa solo perché ero una ragazza».

EN
    «I believe I`ve always been a big believer in equality. No one has ever been able to tell me I couldn`t do something because I was a girl».

«I was 17 years old when I was cast in The Princess Diaries . That film landed, and it landed big. And so I became identified with a role that wasn`t really me. I`ve never had any problem with going to the lengths of what a film demands. You can tell that by my eyebrows in The Princess Diaries».

«I`ve intimidated men my entire life and it has nothing to do with fame».

«I look my best after an entire hair and makeup team has spent hours perfecting me. When do I feel my best? When I haven`t looked in a mirror for days, and I`m doing things that make me happy».

«I really don`t drink, I don`t do drugs. I feel like right now I`ve been given so many opportunities I don`t want to mess it up with those things ... I think I was raised in a solidly upper-middle class family who had really strong values and excess was not one of the things that my family put up with. - On avoiding the hard partying young-star life style».

«College is such a unique time because you`re learning a little bit how to be an adult. You`re learning how to take care of yourself without parental influence, and you`re exposed to so many great minds. I feel like I didn`t even know how to think until I got to college." - On the importance of a college education».

«I think that fashion can be a lot of fun. I love clothes, but I recognize that it should only be a hobby. Some clothes that are more design-based look better on women with figures like wire hangers, because that`s the nature of the design. I won`t wear those clothes».

«I`ve worked with people and I`ve known people that were really competitive but I`ve always said that I take an Elizabeth Bennett philosophy of life - I laugh. I love my job but if it means hurting someone I won`t do it».

«I love working and I feel satisfied when I know I have literally given all the energy that I have. That being said, work is not my No. 1 priority. I don`t think it can come at the expense of your family, your friends and your `significant other` if you have one».

«Over the last few years I`ve learned that the Next Big Thing is something a lot of people wish and want for you - but what you wish for yourself is really important too».

«I`ve had directors say to me, `You`re the best actress for the role, but you`ve put on weight recently.` If people can`t understand you`ve put on five pounds, I don`t want to deal with them».

«She can act sweet, but she`s fundamentally a predator - On her character "Lureen" in Brokeback Mountain».

«I disagree with a couple of the stances of the Catholic Church. My older brother is gay and it`s important for me to be able to love him completely and freely and it`s important for me to spread beliefs in the world that are not going to limit people in their love.I can`t support a religion that doesn`t support my brother».

«I`m very choosy! It drives my agent nuts».

«It`s not something that I have ever aspired to be or courted because I think the second that you say, "Oh, I am a role model and that`s why I make the decisions that I make," you`ve kind of shot yourself in the foot. A role model is somebody that does things because of what they believe in regardless of what other people think».

«Obsessing about weight is a big old waste of time».

«I got into this business to be an actress, to scare myself, and force myself into a place outside of my comfort zone. I have nothing against The Princess Diaries - but it has been a brick wall at times for my career».

«I`ll be honest with you, it really, really, really annoys me, the image that`s put out there for women. These tiny, tiny bodies, with absolutely no fat at all on them. It`s unhealthy, plain and simple, and there are only a handful of women in the world who are naturally like that. It makes me sick».

«Films are letting me get older, which is really nice, because there was always this fear of what happens when I stop being a teenager. But for everyone else, it was kind of a sharp left».

«Kindness is really important to me in finding my own prince - so are patience and a sense of humor. Without those qualities he`s no Prince Charming!».

«In Hollywood you have to be careful if you go above a six, then you`re considered fat. I`m considered to be, I hope, an actress, and you can get away with a couple of extra pounds if you are trading on your talent instead of your sex appeal.I don`t have time to be tortured about me weight».

«I`m more proud of that film than anything I have created».

«She is just divine. As a human being, she has basically accomplished everything that I want to do ... It`s not that she just gets inside the character, she`s just absolutely at the center of all of her choices, of the truth of the character». [On working with Meryl Streep]

«I cry terribly easily. Just a minute ago, I was reading an article about Kate Winslet in Vogue, and I love her so much, I started crying, realizing how great she is and how far I have to go».

«I would like to kiss like Angelina Jolie».

«I`m very aware of my own background. I`m Irish, French and then a little bit of everything else thrown in, ranging from German to native American. We`re talking about tiny drops of blood».

«I look my best after an entire hair and makeup team has spent hours perfecting me. When do I feel my best? When I haven`t looked in a mirror for days, and I`m doing things that make me happy».

«I have no aspirations of world domination through the pop charts. None at all».

«You can alter movie singing so much because you go into the recording studio and, just technology for recording has gotten so good, you can hold out a note and they can combine a note from take 2 and a note from take 8».

«The movie showed on planes it seems like forever».

«I know, I can't believe it's an American either. I can do the accent, they wouldn't have hired me if I couldn't. I'm attached to it and we're trying to get financing for it. Jane Austen is one of the most special literary figures. I don't want to short change her in any way».

«Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I'm most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me».

«Quite frankly, I didn't become an actor to become a movie star. I have never dreamed about being the most famous person on the planet. I just want to do really good work».

«I try to stay out of the spotlight as much as humanly possible, because I think that when actors, whether or not they've chosen it or it has been thrust upon them, are living very public lives, it affects your ability to get lost in their performances».

«Whether or not you agree with Ayn Rand - and I have certain issues with some of her beliefs - the woman can tell a story. I mean, the novel as an art form is just in full florid bloom in 'Atlas Shrugged.' It's an unbelievable story. The characters are so compelling, and what she's saying is mind-expanding».

«I'd love to be an artist that's multifaceted. At the moment, I am not. But wouldn't that be cool if I was like, 'Yeah, let me pull out my guitar and play you a song.' I would adore that. I am so far not gifted in that way. But I am a very hard worker and a very determined person, so who knows?».

«Weddings are important because they celebrate life and possibility».

«I kind of got my big break with 'The Princess Diaries' and during the press rounds for that everyone asked me: 'Did you always want to be a princess growing up?' And the truth was, no I wanted to be Catwoman».

«I'm pretty good at remaining calm during an emergency. My house burned down when I was 12, which made me really pragmatic about what needed to be done. But I can be bad in that I compartmentalize a lot of emotions and push them away to deal with them at a later date».

«I grew up in a pretty large family. We were really close-knit, so I definitely want to have lots and lots of children».

«We assume that we've come so far as compassionate citizens of the world if we do choose to read the news, yet the attitude towards life can be one where we put blinders on and forget that there are civil wars going on. It's easy to forget that there are so many people starving to death every single day».

«It's definitely a thing to be sitting there, getting a pedicure, and you look over and someone is reading an article about an aspect of your life that you know is not true. It's weird, it's uncomfortable, but I don't see it changing anytime soon, so I should figure a way to laugh through it».

«There's something very addictive about people pleasing. It's a thought pattern and a habit that feels really, really good until it becomes desperate».

«Mellow doesn't always make for a good story, but it makes for a good life».

«I've always believed in people's capacity for goodness. I still believe that people are good. What I'm not so trusting about anymore is their relationship to their own goodness».

«It takes a minute for me to let my guard down, but once I do and I get to know someone, I'm very open, very trusting. Some might say too trusting, because considering the amount of money that can be made from selling gossip, I could be very easily taken advantage of».

«What I've observed and what I've imagined - and definitely what I'm hoping - happens as you get older is that there's a mellowing, an acceptance that comes with time. I guess that I'll find out».

«I've honestly been really lucky. My only jobs have been babysitting and acting».

«So as long as I'm a working actor, I can improve. I want to work with people that frighten me and excite me, and characters that I don't believe I'm the best person for the part but I'm still gonna try anyway. Those are my favorite roles».

«I was thrust into a really lofty, enviable, but isolated position with 'Princess Diaries' in that I could carry a film before I really knew if I could act».

«I was raised in a solidly upper-middle class family who had really strong values and excess was not one of the things that my family put up with. And there's something wildy decadent about the young-star lifestyle, and I just don't really see the point».

(Anne Hathaway.)

2. Choref

User deleted

aw, è bellissima.

1 replies since 26/8/2012, 18:13   59 views